I know this is coming a little late in the season, we may already be closer to winter than summer, but my denial that my favorite season is gone has been keeping me from finishing this post!
It’s no secret I am a summer girl. I love the long nights, cold white wines, and of course the hot weather. In the summer my go to skin care item is always SPF. Those hot, sunny days call for protection, protection, protection. But what happens when the days become shorter and the air becomes cooler? What do I always do to transition my skin care routine by season? Keep reading!
Below I am going outline my fall/winter routine step by step and give you some insights into my favorite skin care products and brands.
1. CLEANSE – No matter the season we always need to cleanse. I will always recommend a double cleanse – using one cleanser to clean away dirt and makeup and another to cleanse your skin below. My first step in double cleansing is always an oil cleanser. I have always been obsessed with Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. This oil cleanses deeply without drying out the skin. I know a lot of you may be nervous about using an oil cleanser because it might leave your skin feeling oily, but the Shu Uemura does not leave any residue. Use my code MINAXSHU for a discount site wide and free shipping with a $50 purchase
2. CLEANSE PT.2 – I can’t forget the tool I cannot live without – my Clarisonic. Nothing gets my skin as deeply clean as this. Use code Mina15 for a discount site wide and free shipping over $50 as well!
3. EXFOLIATE – Honestly exfoliating is necessary in any season, but for the colder months when my skin may be drier than normal I love the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate. If you haven’t tried this yet you must! Most days I am exhausted at the end of the day and I don’t want to spend too much time on my skin so I love that Exfolikate is a 2 minute exfoliator. It is made with papya, pineapple, and pumpkin enzymes which leave the skin with a beautiful glow.
4. MASK– After being out all day in a colder temperature (and lots of rain in Vancouver!) I love giving my skin something to soothe and calm. Ren’s Evercalm Ultra Comforting Resue Mask is the perfect combination of Beta-Glucan and White Mushroom Extract which both calm redness and support the skin’s natural immune system to fight winter weather irritation.
TIP: I love this on a long flight too to prevent jet lag to my skin!
5. OIL – Last but certainly not least my holy grail skin product – Josie Maran Argan Oil. No matter the season or time of day I love, love, love this product. It leaves my skin refreshed, hydrated, and glowing. Use alone or under makeup.
That’s it guys! These are the few products I either love all seasons, or add in for these cooler months. If you need me I will be looking at photos of beaches, drinking a nice cold glass of wine, and impatiently waiting for summer to come back.