A lot of you have been asking if I’ve gone to makeup school and if I recommend it. The truth is that education and learning is ESSENTIAL in your personal and professional growth. I am an advocate of learning. Some people go to school and take away very little information, while others retain almost everything. Figure out what works for you.
I have personally gone to makeup school for global make up artistry and the program included Tv & Film, SPFX & Prosthetic’s. If you’re looking to go to makeup school to learn the basics, look no further and check below.
I had the Online Makeup Acadamy reach out to me through my social channel to do a review of their program. After looking over their program and kit, I must say that it is an incredible starter program for those of you that want to pursue your passion without it costing an arm and a leg. They offer a full program with a starter kit which covers the essentials.
You have projects and assignments that you need to complete through this program and I highly recommend you all reaching out. This isn’t a paid post, just an honest review. The items below are ALL part of the kit!!!
They have several different courses that you can decide one, below is the master makeup artist course. Check out http://www.onlinemakeupacademy.com for a detailed version of their other courses;
The Master Makeup Artist Course includes:
A complete professional makeup education, beginning with the Essential Makeup course continuing through to our Advanced Makeup Artist curriculum.
You will receive an exclusive Master Makeup Kit, which has been expanded from our original kit, and is specifically selected by our team and includes all products necessary for fashion, beauty, editorial, bridal, and beyond.
15+ hours of video training and a complete makeup artist manual.
You will receive a certificate of completion, showing that you have mastered the in depth knowledge of the Master Makeup Artist Course.
Upon graduation, you will qualify for PRO cards and will automatically receive access to registering for PRO cards from our partners.
We have created industry guided assignments and highly encourage our students to use this opportunity to build their professional portfolio.
We included a module focusing on business, branding, and marketing. We teach you how to create a website, get business cards; we are here for you every step of the way as you begin to build your business!
Lifetime course access and post-graduation support.
Our specialized curriculum has been proven successful through hundreds of students within our New York City school.
Let’s talk brush cleaner. I’m always looking for a great cleanser that will thoroughly clean out ALL of my brushes. I’ve tried all sorts of cleansers and have fallen in love with one only, Cinema Secrets. If you haven’t tried that, do it now and you’ll thank me later. I was however searching for a new solid cleanser and came across Ativo Natural Skincare . They have one of the BEST solid cleansers out there.
Now you might already have your favorite, but I encourage you to check out their site or Instagram page to see all of the amazing products they have.
I love this cleanser for a few great reasons;
- They added Argan and Apricot oil….. YASS!
- Vegan & Organic
- Conditions my brushes– I spend a lot of $$ on my brushes and like to take care of them.
- VANCOUVER based brand. I am ALL about supporting local brands.
Check out their page and if you want one for yourself, use the code MINALOVE to receive $5 off their product.
I recently did a call out on my Instagram page for any burning questions you may have about me and my life. I have been giving you all the beauty and makeup advice for awhile now but I really want you all to get to know the me behind the lipstick!
I picked a few of my favorites but welcome any new questions in the comments. I love when magazines have those quick all about me Q&A’s at the back so I hope you enjoy this snapshot into me!
- What is your favorite site to shop on? I have a few…House of CB , MissGuided , ASOS , and Public Desire
- What is your go-to cocktail? White wine, champagne, and anything with gin.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? I check my phone and read over my group chats with my girls. It’s always LIT 😂
- How many photos do you have on your phone’s camera roll right now? 13,660….. normal, no? 🤦🏻♀️
- What’s your nationality? Persian 🤗 Born in Iran, moved to Canada when I was 6 💛
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Lack of ambition. 🙈
- What is your favorite skin care product that you can’t live without? Josie Maran Argan Oil. This is my be all and end all. I start and end my day with this product.
- What is your lighting set up? What cameras do you use? I either use natural light or the Diva Ring Light. Honestly waiting for the perfect natural light is one of my favorite things to experiment with. I have a Canon t5i Plus for my selfies and for product placement photos I use my iPhone. Natural lighting is always best for product or flat lay photos as to avoid flash back. If you would like to know what apps I use to edit please comment below!
- Have you gone to makeup school? Yes. I took a year long global makeup program. I have continued to learn over the years however and honestly passion is the best thing you can have in your brush belt. Before makeup school I pursued a degree in Criminology/Law and completed a 4 year program. I just could not quiet the voice in my heart that said beauty was my calling.
- What was the first CD you ever bought? Destiny’s Child!
Thanks for getting to know me!
Fall is officially here and while I am a die-hard summer girl, I do love changing up my makeup game for fall. One of my favorite looks for both myself and my clients, is a neutral eye and bold lip. Studies have been done into colors and lipstick, particularly red. Bold colors are said to make people feel more alert which means a bold lip is a great idea when you are speaking in front of a group of people or have a big presentation at work!
I am wearing Buxom Plump Liner in Mystery. This is my go to lipstick. It is a lip liner and lipstick all in one. Matte, long wearing, and comfortable on my lips. They come in a variety of shades and it will be a staple for all my fall makeup looks. Tell me your favorite fall lip colors and brands in the comments below!
Additional product details:
- Bare Minerals Bare Pro Foundation
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Jet Liner and Brow Wiz
- Makeup Forever Pro Fusion
- Fenty Beauty Highlighter Hustla Baby and Mean Money